Changing Controller types on Uploads

showshocka

I'm only trying to uploading the project, for I don't have the .acd file in yet I am only trying to view online. Would changing the controller type this affect the current running project in the PLC if I continue. I mean I am only uploading here. I will not be saving when going off line.

controller type6x4.jpg

Your safe to click change type here, your only changing the processor specified in your project file, nothing is being altered in the controller itself.

Similar Topics

So we have this machine called a "quickwater" that we use to heat our low pressure water system. On the HMI screen there is a place where you can...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hopefully just a quickie here! We are trying to convert our controller type from an 1756-L71 to an 1756-L81E just to carry out a bit of...
Replies
Views
I am working on expanding a control system for tanks, adding two additional ones. Each tank is represented by it's own equipment phase. The...
Replies
Views
I am trying to use RSLogix 5000 to load a project into a processor that is different from the one in the program. I tried to change the processor...
Replies
Views
I am utilizing the Day of the week AOI by RA and it utilizes the date/time from the controller. This PLC never shuts down so I think the battery...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom