Changing FactoryTalk Network Distributed Application to Network Station Application

mroyce09

Hi,

Is there a way to change an existing FactoryTalk application (FT 8.10) from a Network Distributed application to a Network Station application? I accidentally created a Network Distributed application and I would like it to be a Network Station Application and I'm unable to delete the application.

Thanks,
Maunie

You are better off to start from scratch;create a NS application by Importing/Copying the graphics and data from the wrongly created one; you could do a side-by-side pretty easily.

When done, in order to delete the ND application you will first need to delete all ND HMI Servers:
1. Disconnect all clients from the HMI server. (A client is any of FactoryTalk View Studio, FactoryTalk View SE Administration Console, or the FactoryTalk View SE Client.)
2. Start FactoryTalk View Studio, and then open the application that contains the HMI server you want to delete.
3. Right-click the HMI server, and then click Delete.

Then, you will need to delete the HMI server project files:

1. Disconnect all clients from the HMI server. (A client is any of FactoryTalk View Studio, the FactoryTalk View SE Administration Console, or the FactoryTalk View SE Client.)
2. In Windows Explorer, browse to the HMI Projects folder on the computer hosting the HMI server:
 (Windows 7 Professional, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008) ..\Users\Public\Public Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projects
 (Windows XP, Windows Server 2003) ..\Documents and Settings\ All Users\Shared Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projects
3. In the HMI Projects folder, delete the subfolder that has the same name as the HMI server you deleted from the application.

The last step is the deleting of the FTVSE Network Distributed application using the FTVS Application Manager.
Start > All Programs > Rockwell Software > FactoryTalk View > Tools, and then click Application Manager;
1. In the Application Manager, click Site Edition (Network Distributed), and then click Next.
2. Click Delete application, and then click Next.
3. Follow the instructions in the Application Manager to complete the delete operation.