Changing IP address of CompactLogix L16ER-BB1B in Studio 5000

marko18

I'm trying to configure the IP address of my compactlogix l16er-bb1b in Studio 5000. I need to set it to a certain address as I'm planning on networking it with other devices via ethernet. I'm currently trying to set the IP by just plugging in a USB to the plc and changing the module properties, however this option is not available when I try.

The easiest method is to use your USB connection and RSLinx. You can browse to the controller and right-click on it and select Module Configuration. From there the Port Configuration tab will allow you to change the address.

OG

The easiest method is to use your USB connection and RSLinx. You can browse to the controller and right-click on it and select Module Configuration. From there the Port Configuration tab will allow you to change the address.

OG
I have only have licenses for Studio 5000 and Factorytalk View Studio. Do I still have access to RSLinx? If so, how do I navigate to it? I see similar looking menus to RSLinx when I open a new Studio 5000 project but I can't change the IP from there.

Last edited:
I have only have licenses for Studio 5000 and Factorytalk View Studio. Do I still have access to RSLinx? If so, how do I navigate to it? I see similar looking menus to RSLinx when I open a new Studio 5000 project but I can't change the IP from there.

RSLinx Classic Lite is included with your Studio 5000 software. Take a look at the YouTube Snyd1 recommended. It should get you what you need.

OG