Choosing best solution for industrial PC cabinet

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello to all,

soon we're going to be delivered a couple of industrial PCs SIMATIC PC IL 40 in 19" standard industrial format. Now we need to choose appropriate cabinet.
I want to place all computers in standard control cabinet with unauthorized access and dust/humidity prevention.
I have looked on the rittal web page and found a lot of solutions for PC and computer enclosures. Since this is standard industrial rack, I though not to order PC cabinet or anything like that, they have keyboard and similar stuff added and I don't need that.
I'm sure some of you have seen such solutions.
Keyboard, mouse and monitors will be on the control room desks, but computers will be locked in separate cabinets.
I need help to order right solution for me.
We expecting four 19" rack computers to fit in one cabinet (possible with fan on the top to keep dusz out and provide cooling).

Thank you very much

Just a quick comment: Fan and filter systems don't keep dust out. AC units keep dust out.

Stationmaster

To kinda clarify - at least in industry from what I have seen

I have learned this to keep dust out of cabinets
1. Shut the doors. AFTER you put all Panduit covers back on.
2. Ensure door seals effective
3. The muffin fans with foam or scotchbrite filters are ineffective.
4. Filter must be able to filter smallest particle in your operation. 97% filters seem to pretty well. Always wanted to try automotive filters never got around to it.
5. Blow PROPERLY filtered air into cabinet.
6. If needed use cooling (chill water, freon etc)
BUT make sure you design for condensation and a means to drain water.

Dan Bentler

The things you guy's are calling fans and filters we call them dirt pumps where I work because that is about all they are good for.

If you need to pump dirt in a cabinet then that is what you use.

The things you guy's are calling fans and filters we call them dirt pumps where I work because that is about all they are good for.

If you need to pump dirt in a cabinet then that is what you use.

Kid you need finer filters.
Yes I know
1. They clog too often. That is what they are for.
2. Management will say it costs too much

Dan Bentler