Choosing S7 300 or 400

I was just talking in a general fashion. Note you can use a 400FH CPU in a mono system to do CFC. Further to this you could still program it via conventional LAD/FBD Safety and not CFC.

Thx for clarification for the others etc.

In your big project, how many profibus slaves do you have (on the onboard profibus master) and what is the profibus cycle time?

My panel has been running for three years with 42 inverters, 420 and 440 mixed. No profibus I-O, all I-O was local to the plc which was three expansion racks. I cannot say what the profibus cycle time was, I have never investigated that. Based on subsequent posts to this thread I will determine this on future projects. I always learn, everytime I visit this forum. ;)

As far as I know, PCS7 doen't support the 300 series (yet).
Am I right, or did I got the wrong info?

As you talk about an IE/DP coupler, after which I can connect my TP177A on profibus.Is routing possible from the ethernet side to the TP?

As you talk about an IE/DP coupler, after which I can connect my TP177A on profibus.Is routing possible from the ethernet side to the TP?
Dont know.
Suspect no can-do.
Why dont you try and setup a project in STEP7 and see of you can setup a connection from a TP177A to a S7 CPU via an IE/DP coupler ?

But I have to ask, why bother ?
Get an ethernet-enabled panel.