Cicode Help

Britney123

Hi Everyone

I'm a CITECT noob and am currently doing a SCADA class to increase my skills. However, I'm having trouble getting my head around some of the commands in cicode. Any help would be much appreciated.

Firstly is there a simple way to call a function continuously back to back? as in run code, end, run again, repeat. I've experimented with cicode objects and it appears to continually run multiple instances of my function as the sleep times aren't right. Is this correct?

Also does cicode have a means of multiple conditions within an if statement? eg.
IF statement1 and statement2 THEN
code
end

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I'm a CITECT noob and am currently doing a SCADA class to increase my skills. However, I'm having trouble getting my head around some of the commands in cicode. Any help would be much appreciated.

Firstly is there a simple way to call a function continuously back to back? as in run code, end, run again, repeat. I've experimented with cicode objects and it appears to continually run multiple instances of my function as the sleep times aren't right. Is this correct?

Also does cicode have a means of multiple conditions within an if statement? eg.
IF statement1 and statement2 THEN
code
end

Thanks

As below, which is actually a link to one of my posts when I was learning, create your function then run it on an event on a time base of your choice, be careful using sleep in Cicode, its a blocking function so can cause issues if not used properly.

You can also use tasks if you want to have a bit more control, these can be useful as you can kill them if the functions stops

https://johnwiltshire.com/citect-help/Subsystems/CicodeReferenceCitectHTML/Content/TaskNew.html