Cimplicity Pop Up

Eugene_k510

Hi Everyone, currently i'm developing a project using Cimplicity version 10.

I'm facing an issue where every time i press the same button to open a pop up, it will open a new window and the old pop up window will be minimized to the taskbar. So after few clicks on the button, there will be multiple pop up windows minimized at the taskbar

Is there any way where i can press the same button to open a pop up and it will open the previous window which has been minimized on the task bar ?

Taskbar.PNG

Last edited:
What does the operator do on the pop up? Can you close the pop up after he does it? Can you close the pop up window after x seconds of inactivity?
Make the window an overlay instead of a pop up? That way when you return focus to the original window, the second window will go to the background, available to return to the foreground when you click the button again.

The pop up is a common faceplate for equipment like motor or valves, so operators can control the equipment through the pop ups. The operator can close the pop up through the menu bar on the top right corner. I have No issue close the pop up as long as i click the "x" button on the menu bar.

Is just that sometimes when the operator operates he will forget that there is a pop up minimized on the taskbar and he choose to click the button to display the pop up instead. After a few clicks there will be multiple pop up window stored on the taskbar as shown on attached image. That's why im looking for a way to open the previous window which has been minimized on the task bar.

maybe set a bit when the popup is opened to disable the button to open another popup.

Of course, then it would have to clear that bit when the popup is closed, no matter how it is closed.

I'm new to Cimplicity and I'm not sure I'm understanding your question properly but...

In the object properties for your button to open the popup, in the procedure tab, in the procedure information there is a checkbox for always on top. If the popup is always on top, until closed manually, will this solve your problem?

I'm new to Cimplicity and I'm not sure I'm understanding your question properly but...

In the object properties for your button to open the popup, in the procedure tab, in the procedure information there is a checkbox for always on top. If the popup is always on top, until closed manually, will this solve your problem?

Hi James42005,

Thanks for your help, yes, I've tried by using your way it will solve my problem. But because the pop up i'm calling is a common faceplate for (ex. motor / valves) so i'm using "GefApplication.OpenEx" method through script to open the faceplate. The reason for me to use the above mentioned method is to allow me to pass in multiple parameter through the script. You may refer attached to have a look on the sample script.

With your suggested method i was not able to do the parameter passing part, so may i know how can i apply the "always on top" function on my pop-up through the Cimplicity script ?

Capture.PNG

Hi,
In your script, change the gefOpenTypeNormal to gefOpenTypeModalDialog or gefOpenTypeModalChild that will resolve the problem. I would prefer gefOpenTypeModalDialog.

//
From ge.com:

GefOpenTypeEnum (enum)
Specifies the type of window to create when opening a screen.
Description: Specifies the type of window to create when opening a screen
See Also: GefApplication.OpenEx
Values:
gefOpenTypeNormal - a normal, modeless, sibling window
gefOpenTypeModalChild - a modal child window
gefOpenTypeModalDialog - a modal child window with dialog box decoration. Also allows use of the ObjectToEdit feature.
gefOpenTypeFromLayout - window opened from cimlayout
//

Note: Do not use gefOpenTypeFromLayout , otherwise you will have trouble closing the pop-up window unless end the process in windows task manager.

Hi,
In your script, change the gefOpenTypeNormal to gefOpenTypeModalDialog or gefOpenTypeModalChild that will resolve the problem. I would prefer gefOpenTypeModalDialog.

//
From ge.com:

GefOpenTypeEnum (enum)
Specifies the type of window to create when opening a screen.
Description: Specifies the type of window to create when opening a screen
See Also: GefApplication.OpenEx
Values:
gefOpenTypeNormal - a normal, modeless, sibling window
gefOpenTypeModalChild - a modal child window
gefOpenTypeModalDialog - a modal child window with dialog box decoration. Also allows use of the ObjectToEdit feature.
gefOpenTypeFromLayout - window opened from cimlayout
//

Note: Do not use gefOpenTypeFromLayout , otherwise you will have trouble closing the pop-up window unless end the process in windows task manager.
Hi JunQ,

Thanks for your help. Your Suggestion help solve my problem.

Hi James,

Isn't it easier to check the Captive option in the Events properties of the button/object you click on to open the pop-up?
This forces you to close the popup before you can do anything else.
( I assume you use the "Open screen" Procedure )

John.