CIP Communication between Schneider M580 and L32E Compact Logix

Engrlife

I am trying to setup communications between an m580 and a compactlogix plc. I have confirmed my set up on schneider side is correct and now I am trying to troubleshoot the Allen Bradley side. The error I am getting is Configuration data size is too short. This is on a message block, CIP generic, Service type Get Attribute single, instance 101, class 4, attribute 3. I have added the 4 extra bytes required to my destination structure, and I have also tried using a significantly oversized array of 50bytes (I am reading 18) always getting this error.

Solved: I got on tech support with AB and future reference to anyone doing this. All the parameters I listed were correct for the described communication from eip slave 1 on the m580. The thing I was missing is on the Logix side you need to set up the cip block as custom and put a source tag in that matches the eip data structure from the m580. Then fill in the rest of the info (Instance class attribute service code which will be e for get attribute single) then the source tag will be greyed out but still used.