Citect & M340 Modicon Communication prb!

CalleLundin

Hey there all! First of all, i really enjoy this forum. Allways friendly people to help beginners like myself! :D

This is my first Modicon project ever so bare with me! :)

The setup is like this.

MASTER: PLC M340 with Ethernet modul.
SLAVE1-5: STB I/O devices.
SLAVE6: Veijo Citect

First of all i setup the PLC and got communication to work with Slave1, using Ethernet.

Now i whant to connect my 150tag SCADA system to the PLC so i see that it works aswell.
Thing is, how do i do?

I've done the setup on Citect with the Wizard, choosing M340 Ethernet, IP to the PLC and port 0 (default/blank).

But how should i do in Unity Pro S?

I pasted a picture on my networksetup that is workning with the first slave, could any kinde soul please stepme to how i should setup the next line to open communication to Veijo Citect?

Thanks! :)

bild.jpg

You dont NEED to do anything in Unity to enable communications to Citect, all the setup is done in Citect, if you have already correctly configured your driver in Citect you should have access to all %MW addresses in the M340.

In the Citect Project Editor, configure the Devices, boards, IO server and other parameters. Then create the tags with the same address present in your M340 database.

Hope this helps...

You may wanna use the OPC Server built in your Vijeo Citect Scada to connect to the PLCs. If you don't have one, then install the OPC Server for Modicon PLC from here:
http://www.matrikonopc.com/opc-drivers/opc-modbus/base-driver-details.aspx

conenct it to the PLCs and then point/connect your Vijeo Citect's OPC Client to it (the OPC Server for Modicon PLC that is).

If you don't have an OPC Client in your install the OPC Server for Citect from here:
http://www.matrikonopc.com/opc-drivers/190/base-driver-details.aspx

All you need to do after that is to link the 150 tags together between both OPC Servers. You can link them with OPC Data Manager, install it from here:
http://www.matrikonopc.com/products/opc-data-management/opc-data-manager.aspx

Hope this was helpful

Cheers,
Wassim Daoud
Global Solutions Architect
www.MatrikonOPC.com

Guys & Gals! :D

Thanks! its now up´n running! I hade a problem with the modbus communication, it was the InitType in Citect.ini that was 2 by default and i changed it to 3, then it worked. Im using MODNET30 protocol, it worked out fine.

Wassim: thanks for the help with the OPC, im gonna check it out some day, it might be helpful in the future, but for now i will only go with standard modbus communication, its only 150 tags. :)

Best regards and thanks for all your support and help! its really helpful!

//Calle

Wassim, yet again you suggest using OPC instead of the standard driver and offer no reason as to why it's a better option.......other than the fact you work for an OPC manufacturer !!

I am sorry that I have a marketing pitch in my posts, but the reality is: With my extensive career in Automation and Control systems, OPC is the solution to most of the posts I reply to. At the end of the day, it's up to customer to choose what solutions (posts) she\he wanna go with.

Hope you have a good day
Cheers,

Wassim, yet again you suggest using OPC instead of the standard driver and offer no reason as to why it's a better option.......other than the fact you work for an OPC manufacturer !!

I am glad to hear that it's working. If you need any help in the future for OPC related matters, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Thanks! its now up´n running! I hade a problem with the modbus communication, it was the InitType in Citect.ini that was 2 by default and i changed it to 3, then it worked. Im using MODNET30 protocol, it worked out fine.

Wassim: thanks for the help with the OPC, im gonna check it out some day, it might be helpful in the future, but for now i will only go with standard modbus communication, its only 150 tags. :)

//Calle

OPC is the solution to most of the posts I reply to.

Go on the enlighten me, exactly how has OPC been the solution to this post, the OP has resolved his problem without using OPC !!

Your posts very rarely add anything other than "OPC can do this", "OPC would solve this", "You could use OPC for this" etc etc. with little or no reasoning behind the use of OPC over the native driver or other positives or negatives.

cool down kids! :)

OPC is not a bad idea, and it vould have done the job to. I have the OFS-OPC with Citect and i might be able to use that to. But i in this case with only 150tags the MODNET30 protocol worked good enough. If im expanding with, lets say 1000 tags or more i vould probley go for an OFS-OPC or similar! Just for the easy view of tags. :)

@CalleLundin

Right at the top of this page can you see:

This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

All Wassim's posts do is advertise the fact that he works for Matrikon and they sell OPC

//Calle

I have got the same problem that you had but I don't find InitType in Citect.ini for modified it.

Regards.