Citect PushButton Addressing

michaelT

Dear All,

I need some help regarding tag addressing of momentary pushbutton for citect using s7200 PLC.
I successfully configure TagWrite command it works but as toggle switch function.

Any solution highly appreciated.

best regards,
michael

michaelT said:
Dear All,

I need some help regarding tag addressing of momentary pushbutton for citect using s7200 PLC.
I successfully configure TagWrite command it works but as toggle switch function.

Any solution highly appreciated.

best regards,
michael

If you have your PLC device declared as a variable you dont need to use TagWrite in fact Tag Write should not need to be used anywhere really.

On the down action of the button do MyTag = 1 on the up action of the button do MyTag = 0, where MyTag is your tag of course

It would be easier just to use the pulse command.
For the up action on the button just enter

Pulse(MyTag);

Citect help files are not limited, they are excellent !!

Sounds like you need a trainig course, Citect isnt something you can just jump into and get working, well you may get it working but you will be lining yourself up for a whole world of hurt if you dont do it correctly.

Just search on Pulse (for instance) in the help system:

Pulse

Pulses (jogs) a variable tag on, then off. The variable tag is switched ON (1) and two seconds later it is switched OFF (0). The exact period of the pulse is determined by the communication channel to the I/O device. If the communication channel is busy, the pulse time may be longer than two seconds. The code in the I/O device should not rely on a pulse time of exactly 2 seconds. Use the pulse as a trigger only.

Syntax

Pulse(sTag)

sTag:
The digital tag to pulse.​

Return Value

0 (zero) if successful, otherwise an error is returned.

Related Functions

Toggle

Example

Buttons
Text
Jog 145
Command
Pulse(M145)
Comment
Pulse the variable tag M145 every two seconds

tragically1969 said:
Citect help files are not limited, they are excellent !!

Sounds like you need a trainig course, Citect isnt something you can just jump into and get working, well you may get it working but you will be lining yourself up for a whole world of hurt if you dont do it correctly.

Could not agree more with the above.
The help files are very good in Citect. There is a 1 hour quick start tutorial, i think you can get access to it from the Citect website without a CIP login, i suggest you download that and go through it at least.
But if you are doing this as a profession and not for fun you really need to do some courses.