Citect SCADA "Failed to initialise Server Object Invalid Class String"

SsshhH

I got this error in Citect SCADA

"Failed to Initialise Server Object Invalid Class String"

I don't know what mistake I have made in Citect page.
Is there anyone know this error?

Thanks.

Can you describe when the error occurs?

It looks to me as if the SCADA wants to Acces an ActiveX component that is not installed on the PC.

Regards

Marsupilami

I just compile and run it and the error message appeared when the SCADA is booting (loading before showing the front page).

I clicked "OK" then continue to the page I made and I found that all the buttons are not there.

It sounds like one of your objects on your page is maybe incorrectly configured.

Its been ages since I've done any Citect but I'd suggest making a backup of your project and working in that. Then delete some of the stuff from the screens and try it again. If you still get the error, delete more stuff until the error disappears. You should then be able to narrow it down to the problem area...

I know the suggestion isn't brilliant but its worth a go... you could also try looking in the knowledge base for your error and/or error code...

:)

My second thought was that this was an OPC problem, from you explanation it looks like this.

From the knowledgebase:

[size=+]Summary[/size]
Error message "Failed to initialise Server Object Invalid class string" appears on startup of Citect system.

[size=+]Solution[/size]
This error is known to occur when a Citect project using the OPC protocol is run without the OPC Server being started. Please ensure that your OPC Server is running to avoid this error.

For further information, please refer to KB article Q3860.

SO try testing your OPC server with an OPC test client, if the test client works so should citect.

Regards,

Marsupilami

Last edited: