CitectSCADA 2018, ThinManager, Logout Windows Session

WoodBit

Hello,

This may not be the place for this but im curious of anyone has worked with CitectSCADA 2018 and windows sessions. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Briefly some details about my setup. Im running 1 citectscada server windows 10, and 4 client machines, also ran on windows 10 managed by ThinManager.
I have integrated windows groups into CitectSCADA using active directory for my users. I have AD groups setup for Guest, Operator, and Admin.

On startup I have configured ThinManager to login my Guest role for security reasons. When I login to CitectSCADA runtime with an account in another windows group the role is assigned in SCADA runtime just fine.

My issue is the client runtime Citect32.exe is still running under the original windows Guest account that was signed in when the thinclient booted up. When signing in with a new account in the CitectSCADA runtime it does not actually logout the current windows session. It only verifies the windows user credentials against the domain controller and assigns the newly logged in "Scada User" the security role defined in my project. By design this makes sense that Citect operates inside a single windows session.

This is an issue for me though because my users need access to their windows files. Throughout the day different users will be coming/going to these clients. I also need certain users that log into the SCADA runtime to have windows permissions defined by my windows groups.

I'm looking to get the runtime client session to boot up under a different windows session. I'm thinking maybe some custom cicode or script would help. A login function for when a new user logs into the Citect runtime it will login a new windows user, switch to that account, and sign off the previous one to free up the client license. Vice-Versa Ill have to make it go back to my guest windows account when they logout.

If you have worked on something similar to this scenario I would love to hear from you. In the meantime I will continue to investigate this, contacting AVEVA is my next step.

Best,
WoodBit