Advanced Alarm setup in CitectSCADA 2015

Mariner4

Hello everyone! I have a question about the allowable syntax for an expression in CitectSCADA. If I wanted an advanced alarm to trigger based on the logic in the attachment where variable F is the alarm, could I write the expression as in the top of the picture? I am really wondering if double parenthesis are allowed. Any insight or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

16827131854242149773718756020275.jpg

Preface, I have no experience with CitectSCADA at all. I don't see a NOT on E, so is <> the proper syntax rather than =? I would think it would look something like: F = E AND ((A AND B) OR (C AND D)). Again, no experience here, just spitballing.

MikeyN, thanks for the response. The expression is currently written as E <>1 AND ( A OR B ). The alarm works as written and has been for years. I just want to change the logic to. E<> AND (( A AND B) OR ( C AND D)). I am just not sure if the double parenthesis is an allowable syntax in CitectSCADA. I have looked through the other 3000 plus alarms in the code and can't find any instances where double parenthesis are used and I just want to make sure before I make the change. In my mind it seems fine but programs can be funny sometimes.