Clearing RSLogix 5000 Database?

nox

Is there a way to quickly clear the database in an RSLogix 5000 program? (String and Bool values). We saved online a couple times and now the values are sometimes causing issues on download and the first scan. 👨🏻‍🏫

What kind of issues on download???

You can always import a .csv tag file with the values you want before you download.

Last edited:
When there is scanner data already populated in some of our arrays it messes with the WMS interface when the program first goes online. (We are using beckhoff scanner modules, not rockwell ascii cards)

When you get the values the way you want them in the database.... Export them to a .csv file. Then before you download, you can import that same .csv file each time to 'clear' the database.

maybe I'm missing that step, how do you export tag values? I can export the tags, but there are no values associated.

If the array needs to be empty, could you use a FLL instruction to fill the array with zeros on first scan?

Actually, for the sake of safety, you should use a powerup routine to make sure that registers, bits, etc. are set to safe values.

If the program, say uploaded while a machine is in run, is downloaded later, and any motion is initiated, you already have fatal errors in your logic.

That is on my list, I was hoping there was a quick and dirty way in the meantime. I have 455 2 index arrays that I would rather not delete right now. I do clear out all the important values now on startup. These are more for my own piece of mind.

No like: Data001[0] Data002[0] ... Data455[2] Each array is 2 elements big (small?) On a related note, I am using the DELETE instruction in my initialize rung: http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/album289/code.jpg When I look at Scan_C_Data (a string array) in the database each element is empty, but Scan_C_Data.Data[x] still as each character. Am I doing it wrong or is that the way it is?

From the reference manual "The LEN shows the length of the current string. The DATA member may contain additional, old characters, which are not included in the LEN count." Since this is the case, it may be easier for you to just CLR the .LEN element for the sting, instead of using the DELETE instruction.

If you are using v13 or above, you could use the RSLogix5000 Data Preserved Download Tool. This would in essence keep the existing data table while downloading new code.

If you are using v13 or above, you could use the RSLogix5000 Data Preserved Download Tool. This would in essence keep the existing data table while downloading new code.

I dint know that was available. I have always liked the GE has always had the choice.

i'm using v16 so that is an option. I'll have to look into that and see if it's on our toolkit.

I don't know if it is on the V16 toolkit, but I know it is with the V17. You can also download it from RA website.