Click PLC with Ethernet IP

chavak

I have never used a click PLC before. But understand it supports Ethernet IP and can share data with a Logix PLC over ethernet IP using their eds files creation.

So one AB Logix plc to multiple Click PLC's, is that doable?

Regards

Yes. We recently used two Click Plus PLCs as remote I/O on a single Compactlogix PLC due to lack of availability of analog modules from A/B and the long lead times for Ethernet IP modules from Yaskawa. One of the Clicks is using analog inputs as well as Modbus on its RS485 port to control two Yaskawa drives while responding as an I/O module to the Compactlogix and the other is just expansion I/O in the main panel to to accept analog inputs.

Another system we put together had 5 or 6 clicks connected via Ethernet IP wirelessly to connect 6 trailers together at an oil field frack water processing site.

Both systems worked out well.

Last edited:
I have used Horner products as Ethernet IP remote I/O units.
No lead times and cost effective.
Based on the forum users, you can't go wrong with Clicks.
Just an alternative if it comes down to it.
Good luck.

Lately the availability of Click's is iffy. Especially the EthernetIP models.

Some are out of stock with no anticipated delivery date, and it seems the sellers with ones on eBay know it and are price gouging.