CMORE EA9 - Can you disable top "Information" Banner?

TimD

Lifetime Supporting Member
H all,

I have been getting continuous modbus (CRC and others) error messages n the top of the HMI screen, though my reads and writes are working fine.

I am working with the vendor of the modbus device to resolve the issue and am not getting anywhere.

The port settings on all devices match (baud, start/stop/parity etc.)

I have terminating resistors at each end (HMI and last Modbus device)

I have the exact same error messages on another EA9, paired with the exact same device model number (Datexel 9012)

For now, I would just like to ignore the message banner altogether. Is there a way to switch it off, like you can with the alarm banner on the bottom?

Thanks for your help!

Tim

I haven't used a CMORE HMI in years, and I don't know the answer to your question, but I do recall that tech support at AutomationDirect was always free and very helpful.

Have you tried contacting them directly?

Waiting to hear back. I agree, Their support is pretty good. Was hoping someone on these forums may elaborate a little more.

Thanks,

Tim

I am working with the vendor of the modbus device to resolve the issue and am not getting anywhere.
Do you mean Datexel or AutomationDirect?

I don't see "9012" being a part number on Datexel website? Do you mean "3012"? Is there only a single slave device or multiple devices on the same RS485 network?

The 9011 can be configured as a master or slave. It has two RS485 ports, one master, one slave. I am using it as a slave with a unique slave ID.

For those that are interested in the device, here is a link to it's spec sheet:
https://www.datexel.com/modbus-rtu-master-analog-io-dat9011.html

I am no longer on-site. We can live with the error messages for now as the data is working fine.

Something interesting I found before I left, if I have only one device polled by CMORE, no error messages. Two or more, and error messages (CRC Error, Incorrect Function Code, Incorrect Address) appear, though the data still is read from all units...

Thanks,

Tim

Last edited: