Coal Handling

We run coal at 1500 to 2000 tons per hour- no way to visually sort out clinker at that speed (or there is, but the price tag would be equal to that of a wet bottom ash system...which is what we use :)

Beef up the pulverizers and if the clinker gets through, it falls out into the bottom ash pool and gets pumped to a settling tank. Drain tank periodically and landfill the settlings.

Between the acidity of coal/coal dust, the other trace minerals that come with coal (Sulphur, Mercury :), the mechanical abrasion of coal and coal dust - its a rough environment in a coal yard (I cant count how many Stainless Steel panels I see rusting away, and even the fibreglass ones get brittle/pitted after a few years. And the LAST thing you want to do to your coal is get it wet with water(if you plan on burning it soon. It'll stick together and clog up pipes etc, catch on fire....blah

-John