Code Sample: Crimson 3.0 String Pattern Matcher

marv_tech

New here so not sure if this is allowed, but this is something I developed for a work project to enable the usage of USB barcode scanners with some input validation. It works with Crimson 3.0 HMIs(and auto-migrates to Crimson 3.1).

This is a testbed I prettied up a bit, I have bug tested it to the extent I needed to but it is probably worth testing any patterns that are critical before using them.

Usage looks like this:
pattern.isMatch(input string,pattern string) which will return a boolean true if matched, false otherwise.

Pattern syntax is in the comments and also on the "guide" button on the test page.

To use in your project, just copy the "pattern" program folder to your project. That's it! If you end up using it, just shoot me a thanks if you can.

Some screenshots here: https://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?...-30-simple-string-validation-pattern-matcher/

Last edited:
Thank you for posting, I will have a look when thing quiet down. RedLion really should have somewhere on their site so that people can upload stuff. Maybe there could be somewhere here.