Codesys Raspberry PI Ethernet/IP 1734-Aent

Cgarcia

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project where I have the RPi set up as an Adapter with Codesys and the Allen-Bradley PLC as Scanner. Both instances show a connection with no communication issues but none of them register any IO change.

(Please check attached images)

As you can see, I have an output of 124 DINT(32 bits) and 1 DINT as input on the AB side and 124 Input DWORD(32 bits) modules and 1 DWORD Output on the RPi side. But as I mentioned before, I can't see any IO communication.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks a lot! :site:

AB_EthernetIP.PNG RP_EthernetIP.PNG

Thanks very much for posting those details and screenshots (and again, welcome to the PLCTalk Forum community !).

Since all the connections appear to be in "Running" mode, that suggests that data really is being transferred between controllers, and I'll bet that Wireshark would show that.

One thing that tripped me up when I first started experimenting with CoDeSys and networked devices is that the tags mapped to each I/O module device don't show their values in CoDeSys until they are acted on by some other logic in the controller.

Write a simple LAD or ST routine to copy some of the Input data from the mapped tags to another set of tags, then put a value in on the ControlLogix side, and see if it shows up in your CoDeSys tag monitor or LAD/ST view.

Thanks for the welcome and help Ken.

As you can see on the following image, I have the IO already mapped but I don't see any communication. I also have other tags that should be reading the AB PLC Date and time but they are not updating either.

All of this I have it on a webvisu that it's not getting any variables. Any other ideas? I have tried all I can imagine with no luck.

I don't know if this is important but the adapter itself wasn't working. I had to setup an scanner with no modules to get it going. But the scanner doesn't have any kind of configuration.

Thanks once again!

AB_RP_IO.PNG

One thing that tripped me up when I first started experimenting with CoDeSys and networked devices is that the tags mapped to each I/O module device don't show their values in CoDeSys until they are acted on by some other logic in the controller.
Did you try to set the following option to always update variables in bus task?

Codesys_UpdateVariables.png

Hello Cgarcia:

Below is a screenshot of CompactLogix communicating with the Codesys EtherNet/IP adapter. This is very straight-forward. I hope this helps.

LogixAndCodesys.jpg

Cgarcia,

I have read about users claiming you had to install an empty Scanner object alongside the Adapter object in CoDeSys, but that is not necessary.

If you can ZIP and attach (or I'll send you an e-mail as a Private Message), I'd like to see the CoDeSys project itself.

This may be as simple as the 32-bit data header or trying to use the direct %I and %O addresses instead of mapped tags.

I have a couple of Raspberry Pi 3 B+ units to use as test platforms, and a 1756-L61 with 1756-ENBT.