COM-error running Medoc with XP SP2

Dariusch

Hi Everyone

I am trying to up-/download program from/to PLC but get an error in windows.

I have a F1-12MR PLC and the F2-20GF1 interface module and the SC02N cable attatch to the interface.

When trying to upload from the PLC the medoc program minimices and the XP popup with an error screen that the Baud-rate is not compatible with the driver??

Do you have any suggestion what to do??
Should I get a real Dos installed on the computer :(

Thank you

Dariusch

Got it working....

But had to reformat my harddrive :( and install the old MS DOS 6.22
But I have to reformatte the hole system again when finished with backup all of the old F1-20MR :(

I have installed the MS DOS but only got 2GB harddrive and I had to install the XP also because I did not know all the commands to copy, move ect. from disk to disk. So It toke a while.
And tomorrow when finish backing up the PLC I have to install XP again so I get the full harddisk space.

So do anyone here know how to install the XP on the DOS-formattet drive and also have all the diskspace (30GB)??

I will from tomorrow have both the DOS and the XP running on the same PC.

Dariusch

Dariusch

Since you are using an SC02N to connect to the PLC I suspect that you have a very old version of Medoc. More recent versions will run perfectly well in XP and I am sure that someone could let you know where to download a copy. I can run V2.30 without any problems using either an SC03 or an SC09 cable.
Andybr

Dariush,

you can not install DOS on a 30 GB HDD. You need to create a max. 2 GB drive at first, then try to install DOS. You can then install XP on the other drive with more any required size.

Cheers,
Mehdi

Andybr
The software I have is version 2.3, But I have installed DOS on my computer again and have uploaded the programs from the CPU's

Mehdi
Yes I realised that I only had 2GB after installing, but I would like to hae all 30GB for C:
So If I formatted the C: and then installed the MSDOS would I still have all the space awable for the XP?

Thank You

Dariusch

Dariusch said:
Andybr
The software I have is version 2.3, But I have installed DOS on my computer again and have uploaded the programs from the CPU's

Mehdi
Yes I realised that I only had 2GB after installing, but I would like to hae all 30GB for C:
So If I formatted the C: and then installed the MSDOS would I still have all the space awable for the XP?

Thank You

Dariusch

Dariusch,

Although you can fdisk your HDD to allocate large capacity to XP but i recommend you to expand capacity of preferred drive using Partition Magic. This way you needn't to install XP and other programs twice.

Thanks.

So it is possible to fdisk the C.drive to 30GB and after installing the MSdos If still have the 30GB?? First time I only booted up A: and the MSdos installation only made the 2GB.
So I only ask because if it does not work I will only install the XP and find a other PC for the DOS

Thank You

Dariusch

Dariush

Here is the routine:

1.Using fdisk create a 2.0 GB partition, called C in FAT format.

2.Install MSDOS

3.Install XP

4.DO whatever you want with pure MSDOS and XP!

5.Using Partition Magic, Expand capacity of drive C to 30.0 GB.

6.enjoy it all

Hi Mehdi

I really dont want partition magic installed. Have use before and I am not very happy with it.
So is it possible to create the 30GB anyway?

Dariusch

Hi Dariusch

You never can install MSDOS on a partition greater than 2.0GB. Trust to Partition Magic, it works well! but be carefull.

USB-Stick

You could boot from an USB-Stick. I've seen it done! :)
The problem was that the old DOS program wouldn't communicate in XP. I guess if you also have a laptop, there is limited place for extra discs....