Comm Loss on ABB RCNA-01 to 1788-CN2DN

JonM_AST

Hello,
I'm struggling with intermittent comm loss on two ABB ACS800 Drives, it definitely seems to be affecting one drive more than the other but still both.
RSNetworx for ControlNet is not providing much help.
I've wrote automatic reset logic for the drives to help mitigate the issue.
It seems to happen sporadically every couple of months and the best information I've gotten from the manuals is to power down the drive to reinitialize the the module.

Once we have some sheduled downtime I plan on checking the connections and verifying the end of line resistor.
I would appreciate any help or comments.

The connections and verifying the end of line resistor is a good idea. Also ensure that the communication line is away from any high voltage lines.
You could also try to slow the communication baud rate down. Sometimes this will help with some noise or distance problems.

Regards,