comm slave to slave

lambusart

Hi,
I make a project with a 315-2dp master and a315-2dp i-slave configured and coupled ok with 2 row data for communicate for Master and i-slave i.e in mode ms,for this all is ok.
After i have added an IM153-1 standard to communicate by slave to slave with my 315-2dp i-slave and this IM153 but in the dp slave prop/config row, i can't choice the mode because it's allways grey.
Can anyone help me
Diego

Hello lambusart;

You would like to connect a IM153-1 as an I-slave, for DX exchanges with another I-slave, right?
Requirements for DX are the presence of a DP master and 2 I-slaves in the same project; connection of a I-slave as DP-slave to the master, and then insertion of a "direct-excange (DX)capable" slave to be configured to "listen-in" to the data exchange between the master and the first I-slave.
Now, the IM153-1 is an interface module for the ET200-M family (S7-300 I/O modules used as remote I/O over Profibus-DP). The IM153-1 has no intelligence, it is not a CPU (basic requirement for an I-slave-->intelligent slave). Therefore it cannot be set-up as an I-slave for DX exchanges.
The following link will show you a standard project for DX, with 2 CPUs 315-2DP as I-slaves:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1016961

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

What data is it that Lambusart want to exchange ?
The IM153-1 can send data over direct data exchange. I guess that it means the inputs but, not the outputs, can be available for other slaves. It makes sense, because only the real master should be able control the outputs.

Are there other slaves attached to the 315-2DP that is setup as master ?
If not, then I suggest a radical change to the setup.
Let the other 315-2DP be the master, and have the IM153-1 assigned to it as a normal slave, as well as the 315-2DP that was master before.