comms SLC to PV550

realolman

If I have the RSS file for a SLC 5/03 seems to me, I should be able to create a file in Panelbuilder that the PV550 would comunicate with the SLC DH485.

what do I have to do to configure the Comms in the PV550 to communicate with the SLC?

At this point, I am not interested in any tags beyond a minimum being "connected", to be sure that they are in fact communicating

I have been having fits with an old application out there, and I am determined to crack this nut somehow

Does the PV 550 you have support DH485?

What is the exact Model # of the PV550?

2711-B5A2

How far away from the SLC is the PV Located?

BCS
3feet

Why not DF1?

I don't know... the PV550 only has DH485

Where do you set the baud rate in the controller I don't see any place to do that but auto connect finds it to be 1200. I have a PLC and PV out in the plant that is connected at 9600...???

Last edited:
Where do you set the baud rate in the controller I don't see any place to do that but auto connect finds it to be 1200. I have a PLC and PV out in the plant that is connected at 9600...???

Connect your SLC5/03' DH485 port directly to the PV550's DH485 port. Use cables posted above.
Set the baud rate for channel 1 under the SLC's channel configuration see picture.

channel_1_config.png

Last edited: