Communication between AllenBrandly and S7 1500 PLCs

How much data are you considering? I've used Ethernet UDP for comms between S7-1500 and Schneider M251 for example.

A direct link would probably be best, so I'd seriously look at cardosocea's links.

If that proves unworkable for some reason, and you have an HMI on the system, the HMI *may* be able to serve as a gateway device. I've done it with Red Lion HMIs easily and with older Siemens MP series HMIs with more difficulty. I'd expect their newer HMIs to work as well, but I never tested it. Like I said, I'd prefer a direct connection, but the HMI may be another option.

Or Modbus TCP.
S7-1500 supports Modbus TCP, both client and server. No need for additional hardware, software or licenses.
ControlLogix EN2T supports Modbus TCP - not sure about the details though.

Last edited:
How to Communicate Allen Brandly PLC and S7 1500 PLC?
Do I need extra Hardware ? How ?

In addition to how MUCH data, you also need to ask how often you need to send it.

an external gateway is usually the easiest and fastest way to get the connection going. Something like an anybus or hilscher nettap handles the data mapping without too much fuss. If this is a one-off solution, the time you spend engineering/troubleshooting with communication libraries may eat up the cost of the module.

That said, yes, the Siemens EIP libraries exist. There is also a Siemens app note for how to use TCP on both sides, but the AB half is kinda messy (at least to this Siemens programmer). If this is a repeated solution, definitely give the EIP libraries a look.

What about using a Raspberry PI5 or similar with linux and python, use Pylogix to handle data from and to AB and a python-snap7 1.3 or similar to handle info from and to siemens.
This way you can decide when and how to exchange info between PLCs.
Both application can be downloaded from https://pypi.org/ and they are free.