Communication between CompactLogix and Mitsubishi VFD using A8NEIP-2P card

plcplcplc1

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum.

I'm having problems to establish communication between a CompactLogix 1769-L30ER and a Mitsubishi VFD FR-F800 using the communication card A8NEIP 2P.

I followed every step on the A8NEIP 2P manual, but I can't make it work. You can find that manual here: http://omniray.ch.sabon.ch-meta.net...P_Rockwell-Logix-PLC_QuickStartGuide_V1.1.pdf

I added the special program Mitsubishi provides for CompactLogix into my main program. I installed the EDS file and I aslo set all the parameters in the VFD. I already assigned the correct IP in the communication card.

LED's indicators on Network status, Module status and Link 1 are green and blinking which means no connections are established.

Does someone have an idea what am I missing?

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I alway start with the basics: make sure that the I/O device has the proper IP address set. PING it from a command prompt. Hit it with a Web browser if it has an embedded Web server. Use the TCPING utility to make sure that the TCP Port 44818 (EtherNet/IP) is open on the drive.

If those are all OK, open up Studio 5000 and look at the error code for the I/O connection. Is it a size error, or an identity error, or something else ?

Thank you for the quick response!

I already pinged the PLC, VFD and even HMI, and I receive a reply from the 3.
I don't get any error when downloading the program so the PLC runs perfectly fine, the problem is that I can't established an actual communications between the VFD and the PLC. I need to be able to change parameters like RPM's directly from my HMI.

*The only thing I noticed in RSLogix5000 is that there's a yellow caution sign next to the module I added to represent the communication card A8NEIP 2P.

Yes, the yellow caution triangle indicates a problem, open the properties of the device by clicking on it in the RSLogix I/O tree, there will be an error note in the connection status that may help you identify the problem.

Those yellow triangles are called "triangles of death". Right click on the module and select properties to configure the module, and if you click on it once be sure to pull up the bottom edge of the controller organizer window and you'll see the error code. It is more than likely a chassis size issue or version or keying. That's what usually is wrong when I've added modules. And Slot number. Welcome to the forum and have a good week.

Iraiam,
I just did what you mentioned above and this is what I found:

Error Code 16#0127 = Connection Request Error: Invalid output size

I fixed it by changing the number of outputs to an actual size I'm using:
Properties>General>Change...>Size

Thank you for your help! It was really helpful :)