Communication between PV1500P and CompactLogix

mhuntwork

Hi everyone,

I am a startup, sitting in front of a new panel, and cannot get the Panelview Plus 1500 (2711P-RDT15C Series B FW 3.23) to work. I need to get the unit to communicate with my CompactLogix L32E controller but I can't seem to figure out how to install a module under Logix5000 that is the correct major rev 3, minor rev 23.

I have installed the apparently generic "ETHERNET/PANELVIEW Ethernet/IP Panelview" module under the ethernet port of the controller but the only option is major rev 1.

Of course, my module fault(Code 16#0114)Electronic Keying Mismatch: Electronic keying product code mismatch.

Can anyone shed some light on what I need to install, where to get it, etc.?

Sorry if this is an easy fix but none of the searches I have tried are helping.

Thanks,
Mike

mhuntwork said:
... I need to get the unit to communicate with my CompactLogix L32E controller but I can't seem to figure out how to install a module under Logix5000 that is the correct major rev 3, minor rev 23.

I am not sure I understand why you want to add it to RSLogix5000. Is this a RIO Panelview? What communication method are you planning to use?

If it's supposed to talk via ethernet, I don't think you need to add it anywhere in Logix5000. The only reason that I know of would be if you are using RIO as the comms method. I am a novice with PV+, so there might be a reason to add it as an I/O module (produced consumed tags?)...

As long as they are connected to the same ethernet subnet, the PV+ should be able to read and write tags that exist in the Compactlogix.

Hope this helps,
Paul

You need to clear the mismatch, for one thing. That's on the Ethernet card? you'll have to give some more details.

Regarding Panelview - I have panelview terminals all over the place, and they reference (or can reference) any PLC on the network. I don't even have tag databases in these, they access the PLC directly. There's no PLC side communication that you need.

Panelview Plus 1500 (2711P-RDT15C Series B FW 3.23)

I need to get the unit to communicate reliably with my CompactLogix L32E controller.

I removed the module from list as recommended getting rid of the module fault. The problem I am having now is "CIP open connection rejected error 2040101" when I am running the program on the HMI. I copied the design tab to runtime to no avail. I can see the controller at first and then intermittently but then lose it again.

When I run the app from my laptop in test it works fine!

How are they connected?

Through a switch?

What are their IP addresses? Subnet Masks?

Are you using HMI tags or direct references or both?

Are all of your tags still associated with the runtime shortcut? (That bit me recently...)

Well, I goofed and did not reload the comm profile for the app.

I rebooted the HMI and restarted the application after downloading the changes but never forced a the communications to be reconfigured.

The copying of design to runtime DID fix the problem after this.

Thanks for the quick replies and sorry to have wasted your time!

how ironic, after a 1000+ went down with "time out of 192.168.1.200" and managing to fault find the problem at our plant this saturday just gone i had to have a screen sent up by courier and convert the APA to MER and upload to the new screen, i suffered from no comms and the screen coming up df1 coms fault, after a few minutes of uming and aaarrring i found the copy to runtime button on the rs linx enterprize on Studio ME and finally got comms back on to ethernet, and this is someone who has never touched view studios in his life, so i earned quite alot of brownie points!!

how stupid that design comms and runtime comms arnt one and the same, anyway job well done and know i have learnt a tremendous amount from been dropped in the deep end with downtime been costly, i also learnt how to use studio station to run the plant from my laptop so a very good excercise indeed.

rob