Communication between SLC 500 and SLC 5000

What SLC500 do you have. ( SLC5/01,02,03,04,05?) There is no SLC5000.
Do you mean ControlLogix, CompactLogix,FlexLogix?
How far apart are the controllers?

I know this is an old post, but why does the distance between the controllers matter if they are on the same network ?
Propagation delay much ?

I know this is an old post, but why does the distance between the controllers matter if they are on the same network ?
Propagation delay much ?

< about 50' can accommodate a serial connection. Depending on which SLC there are a number of other communication protocols to choose from, each with their own distance limitations.

imlogedin, forgot about the trolls. You can do this real easy.use the handshake method. Just Thank the folks here who really tried to help you and shake their hands!!!
and just move on! or JUST MOVE ON!!!!
Bet regards ,Steve

imloggedin doesn't deserve to be a member with his childish attitude, he found his answer elsewere but still from this site.