communication cable of proface HMI

Hello every body

This is communication cable of proface HMI to MPI port of Siemens S7 CPUs

from your experiance

Can anybody tell me why is the 9 pin in the middle!!!!!!!!!!!
What is HOUSING terminal for?????

Best regards

cable.jpg

The diagram is showing 2 PLC's connected to one Proface, you can add more just put the terminating resistor after the last one. If you only have 1 PLC put the terminating resistor on the only PLC.

And the 50 meters refers to the max length of the total run of the cables.

The Housing terminal is the metal housing of the DB-9 plug and receptacle. Most commonly used for ground and is shown with the cable shield connected to it. And notice the shield is only connected at one end of the cable.

Last edited: