CompactLogix + 1761-NET-AIC to HMI via DH485 communication

I'm not familiar with that software, but give us a look in case we can spot something for you.

Referring to Pic1

I assumed, Panel ID is the node address and Slave ID is the address of the PLC which is the station address given when configuring the serial port in RSLogix 5000.

First I gave the same Panel ID for the both HMIs. I also tried with different Panel Id(i have to make sure this) i was still getting a com error code.

Pic1.jpg Pic2.jpg

I gave the same value for Station Address when configuring RS232 of the L32E as in in Pic 3 and Slave ID when configuring the Tag protocol in the JMobile Suite.

Pic3.gif Pic4.gif

mahone said:
...First I gave the same Panel ID for the both HMIs. I also tried with different Panel Id(i have to make sure this) i was still getting a com error code.

Sorry, I got called away to a problem...

Your L32E is node address 0, which looks correct for SlaveID. So slave ID should be set 0 in both HMI projects. Panel ID 2 looks ok for the 507's node address. However, I would advise you to use sequential node addresses on a DH-485 network, just for performance reasons only. This is not essential, it just helps speed up the token passing when the token has to poll unused node addresses.

Because the L32E is 0, you would have to make the HMIs nodes 1 and 2, but, it's also good practice to leave node address 1 free on a DH-485 network in case a device is new or defaulted. So I would skip passed 1 and start at 2.

Also, the MaxID is set to 2 in your screenshot. This means you are telling the HMI that there are only 2 devices on the DH-485 network, when there is actually 3. I think this should be set to 3 min or 31 max? This is another performance setting for when there are only a couple of nodes used out of the possible 31. MaxID is the equivalent of Max Station Address in the L32E serial port settings, which is at the default 31.

So I would make the nodes...

L32E = node 2

HMI 1 = PanelID 3
HMI 1 = SlaveID 2
HMI 1 = MaxID 3 or 31

HMI 2 = PanelID 4
HMI 2 = SlaveID 2
HMI 1 = MaxID 3 or 31

Try that and see how you go?

Regards
George

George, Ken

Thanks!!

When I changed the IDs according to how George explained above, it worked.
I can see data on both HMIs without any losses. Communication is good.

I'm going to change my Original HMI program tags to DH485 and map the data correctly in RSLogix5000.

I will update how it goes

One more issue!

when i power off the PLC, the CompactLogix serial port(CH0) change back to default communication configuration. DCH0 LED lights up steadily. I no longer have DH485 communication at the AIC. To enable again i have to download the program again.

Should i have to configure the port using RSLinx?

We periodically change out all our AB PLC batteries about every two years, just in case. Just did our L32E's recently.

Well done! (y)