CompactLogix 1769-L30ER with 1769-ASCII Card

haylow_89

Hello,

I am having some issues telling my ASCII card to send out data.

Right now I am using a Serial-USB and using hyper terminal to receive the transmit data.

The card will eventually go to a printer but this is a test station to tell me if i am setting the correct ASCII commands so the printer can work.

I have attached with this post my settings with my serial port, hyper terminal, the ASCII card and the basic logic from AB manual for the card.

The OK and RX0 light on the card are a solid Green(When i connect via hyperterminal the light will stay solid and turn off when i disconnect) but the TX0 light has never turned on.

I am so lost i dont know where to start.\

There is data (attached file) on the local card 7 but i cant seem to work....

Thank you in advanced.

-David

USB-Serial COM Port Settings.png Hyperterminal Settings.PNG Data on the ASCII Card- CompactLogix.jpg Basic printer Logic from AB Manual - CompactLogix.jpg 1769-ASCII Card Settings - CompactLogix.jpg