Compactlogix and control logix communication on ethernet ip

MERAJMJ

Hi Guys

We have two below controllers with us and we want to establish a Ethernet I/P communication between them to exchange to exchange datas
1. 1768-L43 Compact logix with ENT module.
2. 1756-L72 Control logix with ENT module.

Do we need any more extra module on both side or else how we can simply communicate directly with each other on ethernet IP if possible??

Last edited:
The CompactLogix ethernet module will be a 1768-ENBT module.

For the ControlLogix, it can be one of several possible part numbers: 1756-ENET Series B, 1756-ENBT, 1756-EN2T, or 1756-EN3T.

The most common of these is the 1756-ENBT.

The method for data exchange between ControlLogix family controllers over a network is called "Produced/Consumed Tags". This is very well explained in the ControlLogix online Help, in the User Manuals, and in many discussions here on the Forum and in the RA Knowledgebase.