CompactLogix MSG Read from Proface?

timryder

Does anyone know if is possible to read data out of a ProfaceHMI/PLC into a CompactLogix PLC? I have a bunch of OEM machines on our plant floor built with Proface HMI's and I wanted to pull data out of those PLC's with my central CompactLogix directly... but I don't know if this is possible? I am aware about adding a new device to the Proface project for AB, but I believe this makes the Proface the master and not a slave. Does the reverse exist?

Is Modbus the exchange protocol? If so, you can use my or Rockwell's ModbusTCP Client AOI to initiate reads from the CompactLogix.

I was hoping not, I was hoping there was some other more elegant way to do it. Yes I am also aware of the ModbusTCP AOI and thank you for the sugestion!