Configuration and Program Downloading into PLC-5/80C

ariel

Hi Everyone,

I just want to get some help with regards to the step by step procedure in downloading a program into an Allen Bradley PLC-5/80C15, Just an overview of our system, we use two CPU PLC Sets with Redundant links which communicates to remote I/O modules through ControlNet, beside the CPU Module is a ethernet module also connected inside the PLC Rack which is connected to a network switch and some of our Field Equipmenmt are also connected to this network switch using BACNet,Modbus and other protocols based on the manual and communicating to each other, I,m a new user of this PLC and i,m trying to study the set-up because i will be dealing with it in the future. Any help you provide is a big help and a big step for my better understanding of this stuff.

You will need to have and understand four pieces of software.

RSLogix 5 is the programming and editing environment for the PLC-5/80C15 controllers itself.

RSNetworx for ControlNet is the network configuration and scheduling software for the ControlNet Network.

RSLinx Classic is the communication driver software for all Allen-Bradley communication networks. The "lite" version you need is included with all other software that requires it. Because you will have to connect your PC directly to the ControlNet network with a 1784-PCC, 1784-PCIC, or 1784-U2CN module, you need to know how to install these cards and configure their drivers in RSLinx Classic.

ControlNet Hot Backup Analyzer. This is a free utility that comes with RSNetworx and with RSLogix 5. You will need it to help you diagnose and maintain your ControlNet-based hot backup system.

The most important thing you can do at the beginning is learn how to UPLOAD the program and the network configuration from the running controller and network.

Hi Ken

Thanks for the reply, i think i would need to start reading some tutorial books regarding on how to configure, upload and other stuffs i might need as a beginner, do you have some reading materilas or files or other links that you may share to me to better understand this stuff.

Thanks for the help,

Best Regards