Configuring Siemens Profibus network

flyers

Hi guys,

I'm totally new in Siemens, currently I'm working on a proposal to add in 2 more slave node into the existing profibus network, consists of 4 remote IO adapter. The adapter they are using is 6ES7 153-2BA00-0XB0.

1) The 1st new RIO consists of 7 analog input and 1 digital output module. I'm looking for the part number for the rack, anyone remember it please let me know.

2) The 2nd new RIO consists of 9 analog input and 6 digital output modules. Do I need to seperate them into 2 RIO nodes or just one will do?

6ES7 153-2BA00-0XB0Interface submodule6ES7 331-1KF01-0AB0Analog input 8 channel6ES7 321-1BL00-0AA0Digital output 32 points

I tried to check the below link, but can't find the rack information/part number:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&objid=10805204&DataKey=10805204&treeLang=en

Please advise...thank you.

I have not worked with the ET200M but I have used the ET200S. I did check on the M once and was told it was being eliminated. You may want to double check with your Siemens rep. The way I understand it the M was based on the 300 rack.

However with the S they have different adapters that will work with a different number of modules. I think it starts at 12 then 24 then 64 something like that I think they call it basic, standard, advanced. I found this the hard way because I got the cheep one and had to return it and get the next module to add more i/o. I say this because I think the ET200M will be the same way. I would suggest opening the hardware config in Step 7. Then add the interface module and start adding i/o. If it has a limit to the number of modules it will not let you add any more. That way you can tell just how many racks you will need.

The ET200M doesn't have a traditional rack - each card comes with a U-connector that attaches to the next module - kind of lego-ey. There is an active back plane if you need hot swap capability. It takes a deeper din rail. You can have 8 modules per profibus head. Hope that helps.

The ET200M is definitely not eliminated.

Apart from that I also recommend the ET200S. You can probably keep everything into one "rack" per location. With the standard ET200S DP adapter you can have up to 63 modules. Each module is typically 2, 4 or 8 digital i/o or 2 analog i/o. It takes some effort to figure out which parts to use as it is very modular. Ask here if you have trouble with that.

JesperMP said:
The ET200M is definitely not eliminated.

Apart from that I also recommend the ET200S. You can probably keep everything into one "rack" per location. With the standard ET200S DP adapter you can have up to 63 modules. Each module is typically 2, 4 or 8 digital i/o or 2 analog i/o. It takes some effort to figure out which parts to use as it is very modular. Ask here if you have trouble with that.

ET200S configurator helps a lot to configure a station. For example it doesn't allow to add fail-safe modules to the station if standard IM is selected (high feature required). And it makes also the ordering list. It's very handy and FREE, but little siemens bugs are included of course.. ;)

ET200S configurator