Confused: 1794-OA16 flex module to light help!

gouldmx01

Hey guys, Im currently using the above flex IO to turn on two outputs these outputs go to two flashing red beacon lights. Here's the scenario:
My outputs are both on (120v coming out of both outputs).
Im getting 120 volts through my fusible terminalblocks
and im also getting 120v at my light.

The lights will NOT turn on although all this is true, however when i pull the fuses for either output and put it back in the light will turn on. and begin to flash automatically.

I think the light may have also turned on and began to flash when i measured from my hot to ground at my light?

its a red beacon light that flashes automatically (without any programming)

Hey!
Product # 50r-N5-40WH
Edwards signaling light
120v .3A Halogan red beacon light
65 Flashes per minute
heres some more information that may help:

When the output is true on the PLC my lights do not turn on UNTIL i remove the fusible terminal block and put it back on. (PLC output stays true the entire time) and once i remove my output on the PLC the lights go out, i turn the output back on and they wont come on again until i remove fuse and put back into circuit.
I have two outputs going out on 4/14 teck cable one output using black and white the other using red and blue
Both are working independently of each other in the sense that when the output on the plc is on and i remove the fuse and replace the correct light turns on and not the other.

Last edited:
Are these outputs triac, if so they need at least 5ma to work correctly, try putting a resistor across the beacon sized to allow a min of 5ma, remember to pick one of suitable power rating. failing that put a temporary relay or other bulb across, I bet it is due to lack of current to work.