connect Dotnet and Rslinx

leo3886

Hello everyones,
i am having make a program ( write by DotNet ) similar to RSview32, That is connect to RSlinx to get , and set data to PLC, but i don't know how to begin.
If you know or you have a example , please tell me

For RSLinx Lite, you cannot connect. Only Rockwells own software will work.
For RSLinx Single Node, OEM, etc.. the way to connect is with the OPC interface.
There is also the RSLinx Classic C API. This requires you get the RSLinx Classic Software Development Kit (SDK). This is classic C, not dot-Net.

Maybe you should consider libraries from one of the 3rd party suppliers InGear or Automated Solutions.
With these libraries you can connect "directly" to AB PLCs without the need for RSLinx.

i have some problem to ask :
1, kepware sever is 3rd party ? and does it connect to PLC AB ?
2, i use Rslinx Classic, can i get data directly from RS linxclassic by a C, C++ or C# ? and if we can get, do you know document to help access Rslinxclassic

1, kepware sever is 3rd party ? and does it connect to PLC AB ?
Yes and yes. However, kepware is also an OPC Server. So you would have to let your own software be an OPC Client. Just like with RSLinx.

2, i use Rslinx Classic, can i get data directly from RS linxclassic by a C, C++ or C# ? and if we can get, do you know document to help access Rslinxclassic
Yes. Look HERE and HERE.

it means i must use C to access Rslinx classic,
Can you have document that help access Rslinx classic or that have fuction to help access

No you dont absolutely have to use C.
You can use C and you can use C#, or Delphi, or VB, or C++.
The website I linked to is a good site with lots of information, including free source code. All of the methods suggested on that site use OPC.
The RSLinx C API requires you to purchase the RSLinx SDK.
Enough for now. Bye.