connect iFIX to remote server

Pete_S

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to connect iFIX to an OPC server (IGS) running on another machine. In the SCADA configuration of the system configuration utility the only option is to connect to a server which you have drivers installed for, but no option to specify routing information for said server. So as face value it seems as though it is not supported but I am rather new to iFIX so I thought I would post here and see if I might be missing something. Thanks!

Connecting the IGS Server, or iFix, or any OPC server to a remote device is typically not an issue or function of the software running on the server but rather is determined by the network between the two.

So I see no practical reason that this can't be done.