connect laptop to Mitsubishi via GOT

I worked on E series and the older Mac's for over 20 years, and like any HMI and operators with hands like sledge hammers, pens & knives to use as a stylus etc. there were failures but to be honest seemed to be more robust than the AB Panelviews (plastic that dropped apart) and Omron etc. In the early days you could buy the keyboard as a stick on (on keyboard versions) and these were quite cheap, however, for some reason the keyboard then turned into a complete front so a little bit more expensive. I have not done many GOT's so it's early days yet, one other thing I found was dull screens was often down to the reflective foil on the back of the strip tube peeling it was like a type of self adhesive foil that peeled back this was easy to rectify. In my last position we had over 70 E HMI's, 20 or so AB, A few Siemens and a few Omron, the E series were far more reliable overall. In fact I replaced most of the AB ones for E series this cut our repair costs by over half , although this could have been down to age in some cases.

Just one thing I have thought off is that the Beijers HMI's and Mitsubishi programming software will connect at higher than the standard 9600, the FX series PLC's default to 9600 on a re-boot but in some way the E HMI's and Mitsi programming software even if set at higher baud rates must first try different rates then somehow tell the FX to run at the higher rate.
I found this out when I connected Kepserver I/O server to an FX via the programming port. If I used 9600 it worked fine, however, I I used a higher baud rate it failed unless I first went on-line with GXWorks or GX Developer at say 19200, however, if the PLC was powered down then back up Kepserver lost communications if on a higher baud rate. I spoke to Kepserver and never got a definitive answer but they did say that 9600 was the norm. There is no way I know of in forcing the programming port into a higher default baud rate.
If the E HMI has the transparent mode set it may be it has a higher baud rate and connecting GX Developer or Works at 9600 may not work in transparent mode just a guess.

I worked on E series and the older Mac's for over 20 years, and like any HMI and operators with hands like sledge hammers, pens & knives to use as a stylus etc.
Parky this is absolutely hilarious. It has helped me end a long day with a good laugh.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I worked on E series and the older Mac's for over 20 years, and like any HMI and operators with hands like sledge hammers, pens & knives to use as a stylus etc. there were failures but to be honest seemed to be more robust than the AB Panelviews (plastic that dropped apart) and Omron etc.

Absolutely agree with you. Just that my opinion is that E Series is more than excellent quality, and GOT is extreme quality. I have one plant that I'm doing maintenance with A PLC from 1996 and GOT installed in 2005. Works in concrete bunker without any climate control (-15 °C during winter + 45°C during), polluted air with dust and much moisture. It 24h/365d application but it is not critical so it can be stopped. 3 years ago we agreed with clients to change it when first PLC component or HMI fails with new Mitsu PLC and HMI. We are waiting and it seem to me that we will wait for much more years.

As I say, Got usage is new to me so cannot comment on them, I installed an E series on a brine system in a factory kitchen where there is so much steam you need fog lights on your hat to see where your going , every night bubba hoses everything down with hoses at 60 Dec C water & splashes everything with detergent, this was 18 years ago and up till now is still working. Many of the others in that plant were installed between 1990 and 2015 and most are the originals, sadly the company went into liquidation in 2015 but taken over and the only equipment left was the brine system that is still working, I bet many of the other bits of plant are in factories somewhere still working.
I wouldn't be surprised at the quality of the GOT as the E series badged by them would almost certainly have given them a head start and any short comings ironed out.

Connect got2000 to a laptop

Hello can someone help me with an issue
I have a boiler that use got2000 to display and adjust parameters the panel is located somewhere far and near the machinery parts
Can I use a laptop to duplicate the panel at least only to see parameters like a screen mirroring
The got2000 has wifi and I can connect to that
Can you advise me further
Thanks

Yes, I believe you can, you run a project in simulation but instead of connecting to the GX Simulator you can connect to the PLC, cannot remember all the details but it worked for me.
I only tried it on an FX3U using the SC09 cable via a USB to 232 converter, I think it only supports com ports for external simulation. You need to set the simulator to com port (mine is com3) then it will run for 2 hours before you need to re-start it.

Last edited: