Connect to Powerflex 70

Greg Dake

Greetings,

I have a standalone AB Powerflex 70 VFD which I would like to connect to with my laptop. I'd like to connect to it with Connected Components Workbench to backup the configuration out of it. The drive also has a 20-COMM-H adapter connected to it which is used to get the drive on the modbus network with other drives.

What are my options for connecting to this drive with my laptop? It doesn't appear to have a DSI port, so I can't use my 1203-USB like I can with the Powerflex 40's. I checked the book for the Powerflex 70 and the 20-COMM-H, and there aren't any clear options.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

you should be able to connect the Scanport connector on the bottom of the drive. the attached image is from the 1203-USB manual on the RA website. as to using connected components. not sure I've only used drives Executive or explorer. I recently installed CC Workbench.

scanport2.jpg