Connecting a pressure switch to a ANALOG I/O and connecting a KUBLER message display

LESLIE M

Can anyone tell me how to connect a Presure Switch to a ANALOG I/O card on a SLC 500 and how to connect a KUBLER message display as well

Usually a pressure "switch" is a device that changes its output at a single pressure and is wired to a digital input, not an analog input.

Kubler makes many displays. You should read the manual for the display you want to use and follow the instructions there.

Assuming it's a pressure transducer & not a switch then it depends on the output 4-20ma? 0-10v?

If 4-20 & 4 wire then you need a supply to two wires marked +/- & connect the current out to the analog + input & the -v to the -v input, you then need to set the parameters by writing a hex number to the analog card "outputs" (i.e. if in slot 1 then move hex 0fd0 to O:1.0

If a two wire device then connect 24v to the +ve terminal of the transducer & the -v to the +v of the card & the -v of the card to 0v of the power source, it would be best to get the manual that comes with the card for connection details.