Connecting RSlinx to 1661-NET-AIC

dcorrick

I have a machine that was made for our company by an outside vendor several years ago, and I want to go in and modify the program. The system has a Micrologix 1500 controller, the 1761 NET AIC interface which drives a panelview 550, the side DB9 connector on the 1500 is driving a Quartech device which is driving two AB Ultra 3000I Servo Drives. I have tried to connect into the 1761, which was set to auto, and I changed it to 19000 baud, but RSlinx will not see the device. I can connect the same cable and PC to other 1500's in the plant, and have no problem communicating with them. Do I need a different driver or cable to connect through the 1761? I want to be able to go online and make changes while the machine is running. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What driver are you trying to use. The ML1500 could be configured for DF1
or DH485. If you have the offline file for your ML1500 then take a look at its channel configuation.
What is the cat. no. of your PanelView.
If channel is configured for DH485 then you must use 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver.
( you will need a real serial port for this)
If channel is configured for DF1 then use RS232 DF1 driver..( use auto-configure)

Oh ,and set your 1761 NET AIC+ back to AUTO

PV you have
PVType.jpg

Take note of node addresses of your ML1500 and PV, RSlinx will have to be different.

How can I determine the node address of the 1500? I have tried to get the 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver installed and running, but for some reason I get a fatal error everytime I try to run it. Is there any other driver I can use?

Thanks

You will need the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver to connect with the AIC+. In RSLinx, make sure you delete any serial drivers that may currently be running (DF1, etc.). If RSLinx is configured to run as a service, you must shut it down and run the RSLinx Launch Control Panel. Here, uncheck "Always run as a service" and click on the START button. Linx should start-up as an application. Configure the PIC driver, remembering to check the "Reserve Comm Port for Exclusive Use by this Driver" box. You will get a warning telling you that this driver has not passed Windows Logo Testing or some such. Click continue anyway and the drver should run.

dcorrick said:
I want to be able to go online and make changes while the machine is running.

You can monitor the program while running and make data table changes, but program changes cannot be made online.