Connecting S5-135U to a TP270

Opsys

Hello,

This is a great forum i hope somebody can help me?

I want to connect a touchpanel (TP270) to a Step5 (S5-135U)PLC but i want to know how i can program the S5 to communicate with the TP. I there somebody that have a Function blok of S5 that provides the communication ?

All help is very very very welcome

Are you going profibus or AS511?
With AS511 you dont need an FB. Just cable it up. Profibus- you do.

I just used the AS511 to PC cable- the same cable you use to program the S5 with. (its a current loop type) Then in protool use the S5 driver. Set up your comm. settings. It actually very easy.

Hello again,

So if i'm correct i only need to set up my communication settings in the Protool part?
So when the settings in protool are correct I only need to make a tag that is linked to data in a DB? Or do i need to do some more before i can read some info from a DB that i'm using in my program?