connecting S7-400 project to WinCC 6.0 with MPI

kas_

K
Hi all :)
I am a little noob on WinCC and i would kindly ask you all for some help.

At my plant we use WinCC as the main control system.
The only work I do with it is adding buttons, process values and alarms.

But I`m trying to teach my self how to build upp a project from the ground up sort of speak.
But I`m haveing a problem with connecting to the PLC.

I got a Siemens S7-400 PLC on my workbench I would like to connect my project to with MPI.

I did like described in sheet 27-30 "WinCC getting started". https://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/adsearch/pdfviewer.aspx?HitsPerSite=10&ehbid=17356933〈=en&nodeid=17413658&siteid=cseus&query=WinCC%20getting%20started&page=1&view=new

But have noe connection to the plc when I startthe project in runtime.

Sow too the 10k$ question, does any one have a "for dummies" how-to connect wincc project with a PLC with MPI to share with me?

Software:
WinCC v6.0
Step 7. v5.4 sp4

Hardware:
S7-400 416-2P

Kind regards
kas :)

In the Manual, from page 25 to 27, you create a WinCC MPI connection to your PLC. From page 27 on, you create all the tags inside the MPI connection you just created.

In the Manual, from page 25 to 27, you create a WinCC MPI connection to your PLC. From page 27 on, you create all the tags inside the MPI connection you just created.

Hi nonuke, sorry I did mean page 25 to 27, i just writed the PDP viewer page number.
When i open the Drive Diagnostics in wincc i got no connection..