Connecting to a Simatic Panel

drenno

Hi Guys I have a couple of issues with a simatic panel

The first issue is that I cant connect to it. I have bought a new panel it is a simatic TP 177B 6" color PN/DP

I thought it would be a simple thing to download a program to it.

I dont have a SD card for it.

The only things I have is a Siemens PG, the MPI PC adapter and an ethernet cable.

I have read that I cannot use the MPI pc adapter which leaves me with the ethernet cable.

How do I set up the connection?

One other thing. When I connect the ethernet cable to an ordinary computer I see the lights come on in both ports. But if I do the same on the pg and the panel nothing happens. If connect the pg and the pc I get the lights why is this?

Hope you can help

david.

Hej David.

Here is a tip: Connect a USB mouse to the TP177B panel. That makes it much easier to navigate.

You have to open the Control Panel on the TP177B. There is a menu at the startup that allows you to chose Control Panel.
In the Control Panel, you chose the Transfer applet. From there you enable the Ethernet port and go on to the Properties of the ethernet port.
Set an IP and Subnet address that matches your laptops IP and Subnet.
Close the Applet and Control Panel and reboot the TP177B.

Connect your PC to the TP177B with an ethernet cable.
Check that you can ping the panel.

Set PG/PC Interface on the PC to S7ONLINE=TCP/IP (your adapter).

Now you can download to the TP177B.

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for the tip :) I should have done that :)

I wish I had of seen your reply 20 minutes ago before I left work! I did everything you said up until ONLINE=TCP/IP I had set it as the Internet adapter. So I will try that tomorrow :)