Connecting simatic S7-200 with pc problem

prosteneni

Hello, I hope that some of you will help with this.
I have PLC Simatic S7-200 CPU 224XP and I have a PPI cable(it has no conversion unit on it) and I cannot connect to the PLC, I am using step7 win software a everytime I try to cennect the program says that it could not connect that I should check some thing". Could anyne tell me please how to properly connect PC with PLC.thanks

on the package is written "PC to RS485 adapter for SIEMENS S7-200 PLC" and at both ends of the cable is the same plug.

The PC side is RS232 and should be a 9-pole female D-connector, The PLC side is RS485 and should be a 9-pole male D-connector. Do you have any more information about this cable, because it surely is not a Siemens original. Those all have indications for PC and PLC side.

Regards,

It is not original Siemens cable, but it has 9 pins on both sides and fits into PC and PLC as well. I bought it in a shop where they told me that it could be used for communicating with plc. It has no conversion unit, that is true. So do you think that if I bought aditional conversion unit between RS232 and RS485, that it might work, or can there be other problem? Thanks for answers