Connecting to old Klockner Moeller PLC

william192

Hi all,

I am new to this so please bear with me1
We currently have a Klockner Moeller PS316 PLC on site. we now want to get information from it but there is no physical connection or program to read the data. I was thinking of putting a cable connecting the RS485 port with an RS232 on a PC (along with a network card). THe problem then is being able to push out information. I am currently looking at putting a SUCOMA comms server on top of the PC, but as far as I can see, I need to firstly have a Wonderware infrastructure to do this. I wonder is there any alternative? Has anyone worked with this type of PLC?

ANY information is welcome.
Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I've just setting Moeller PS316 to communicate with Intellution iFix 3.5 by using UM1.5 (RS485 to RS232 cable from Moeller). For iFix, MOA Driver can communicate with Moeller PS316. The problem that I found is iFix can interface with only lower MW (MW0 to MW50) but from MOA Driver documentation, it should able to interface to every MW.

If you will use Wonderware Intouch, you have to buy third party driver (Wonderware doesn't have driver) more and if possible you should download demo version of driver for testing first to make sure it can be used. I used to try with Intouch V7.0 without success with third party driver

Good Luck