Connection error with E300 overload relays (Ethernet)

phuz

This is my first time using these E300 overloads in an application. I used "Discover Modules" to add them so that they would be added just as they were seen by Linx. It also detected the Sensing and Control Modules, too, which show as a match, but for some reason I am still getting connection errors on them.

1.png 2.png

Make sure you have the AddOnProfile required for E300s. Double-check the firmware revision as well. You may have to install the EDS files as well.

I wish I were able to help more. My project appeared similar until I Made sure the firmwares mathched in my project, and the IP addresss were assigned properly. I had set all my IP dials to "0" to keep them in administrative mode.

Were you able to sort this out?

No, they both have all three part numbers entered properly, but they both show 16#0004 Connection Request Error. Bad Segment.

I have no idea what is going on. It's next to impossible that both of these are faulty. I may be calling Rockwell tomorrow because I need these units to work in a few days.

Under the module status, it shows "Unconnected" which I thought was odd.

Last edited:
My suggestion might be to use rslinx to navigate through to the E300s. Check the firmware revision by looking into its properties.
In your project, make sure you are using the correct AddOnProfile. This error is usually caused by some variation in the IO tree, where what is expected does not match fully. I understand that Studio5K may be indicating a "match", but it would be good to manually verify and make sure your add on profiles match.

There is also a technote on E300s getting that error with certain firmware levels (6.1), with versions of RSLogix5K older than 20.019. (1041837)

Last edited:
My suggestion might be to use rslinx to navigate through to the E300s. Check the firmware revision by looking into its properties.
In your project, make sure you are using the correct AddOnProfile. This error is usually caused by some variation in the IO tree, where what is expected does not match fully. I understand that Studio5K may be indicating a "match", but it would be good to manually verify and make sure your add on profiles match.

There is also a technote on E300s getting that error with certain firmware levels (6.1), with versions of RSLogix5K older than 20.019. (1041837)

I did use RSLinx to verify the firmware is 6.114. I downloaded the correct AOP. I let Logix5000 "discover" the modules and upload everything from them, so I added nothing. However, thanks for the info on the tech note. The F/W is 6.114 and the Logix F/W is 20.12, so maybe that's the issue. I'm headed back this AM to work on this.

phuz - Thanks just started using these on a upgrade to an older project and could on get it to sync got 0004 error. ControlFlashed the processor to V20.18 and it took off.

I hate going to the boss and saying I need an extra 10 grad to update the processor and tell him "No - it won't run faster or better, just need to"

I know it is an old post, but I just got these EOLs new this week.