Control Logix Redundant System

SAM Khan

I have a Redundant Allen Bradley system 1756-L55 controller which have 1756-BA1 lithum battery it is our normal practice that we have to change one the redundant controller lithium battery in 2 or 3 months , from my point of view it is very short time period for a lithium battery to be changed.
I have seen the retentive memory option of placing a memory card in the controller 1756-M23 which also offers that even a battery from controller is removed the program will be retained in its memory module and so we can get rid off from battery issue. So I just wanted to confirm that is this option is feasible when working on an oil and gas industry where shutdown is not an option to take. Does my above option will work on Redundant System ?