ControlLogix Date/Time setting differs from Date_Time Tag values

Marius ZA

Greetings

In our plant we use a ControlLogix5563 as our main data handling PLC. Recently I noticed that the controller date/time setting differs from the Date_Time tag which we update by GSV instruction.

The controller time and DateTime tag differs by 2 hours.
The rest of the tag datatype fields are correct. Just the hours differ.

The Date_Time Tag is structured as follows:

Date_Time
  • Date_Time.Year
  • Date_Time.Month
  • Date_Time.Day
  • Date_Time.Hour
  • Date_Time.Minute
  • Date_Time.Second
  • Date_Time.Microseconds
This should be correct.

I am not sure what caused the issue.
For a temp fix I simply adjusted the controller time by 2 hours and the Date_Time tag updated to the correct actual time.

How can I fix this nuisance? :mad: What caused this?

Your help is appreciated.

-Marius ZA

Don't use the DateTime attribute in the GSV.
Use the LOCALDateTime attribute.

You are reading the GMT time, without compensating for your local time zone.

Thanks

I agree with the change and made it - makes sense.
Yet the controller date and time is now at 2:26 PM whereas the LocalDateTime to Dest: Date_Time.Hour is currently at 12

No CST master settings and no daylight saving activated.
The Time Zone setting is correct.

That is odd... if the time zone is properly set, the GSV LocalDateTime should always return the same time as displayed in the controller dialog.

Have you tried 'Set date and time from workstation'? (assuming of course, the workstation time and zone are correct.

All of our Logix PAC's are synced off of our site master time server with the Logix Clock Update tool every day, but all of them (that I have just browsed) agree that the controller time is the same as the GSV LocalDateTime.