Controllogix GSV instruction overhead?

Softy

Hello all,
I've read a number of times on the forum that excessive use of the GSV function is to be avoided. Does anyone have any further info on this please?

I have been given some standard code from a customer to use that has 300 GSVs kicking off every scan!
I thought this would be mad, but having done a small test on a PLC I have on my desk, I'm not so sure. I programmed a GSV to read the controller revision and looped it to repeat for a given number of times within 1 scan. WIth 1,000 repeats (i.e. running 1,000 times in a single scan), it only added 6000us (6ms) to the scan time in the monitor window.
TIA

Similar Topics

All I am studying a PLC program from another facility. It uses an SSV instruction and a GSV. Data in SSV, GSV as follows...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to know which is the primary and secondary chassis through gsv? I have read that "PhysicalChassis" (Chassis A/Chassis B) is an...
Replies
Views
I am writing some GSV's to get the status of our redundant contrologix for display/alarming on the SCADA system. I have found the GSV's for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm working with a CLX L72 CPU. I am using several GSV instructions in my program for communication health monitoring within my DLR...
Replies
Views
Hey fellas, Just curious. If I set up a GSV in my RSLogix 5000 main program for a ControlLogix processor to get last or max scan time, will the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom